1. The Central Library will host a free Sunday Musicale featuring Sonya Lee and Melina Kalomas performing Richard Strauss’ “Enoch Arden” from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday. Lee grew up in Orange County and is an internationally known concert pianist who has performed at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center, and Kalomas is a vocalist and actress who recently performed in “Light in the Piazza” with the South Coast Repertory. Seating is first-come, first-served limited by room capacity. The event will take place in the Friends Room at the library at 1000 Avocado Ave.
2. Sherman Library & Gardens’ gardens director Scott LaFleur will discuss California native plants at an event at 11 a.m. Saturday. The talk is free with $5 admission to the gardens. Sherman Library & Gardens is located at 2647 East Coast Highway.
3. Crystal Cove State Park guides will lead a free photography walk at that will meet and 5:30 p.m. in the Los Trancos parking lot and end at sunset. There also will be a free tour of the Historic District’s cottages from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday. Meet at the Historic District reservation office deck.
4. Roger’s Gardens will host “Soups Are For Fall with Farmhouse Chef Rich Mead” from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday. Mead, former owner of Sage restaurants, now is owner and chef of the Farmhouse restaurant that is scheduled to open at Roger’s Gardens in March 2016. He will demonstrate “how soups can be made into a rustic meal with a good piece of bread,” Roger’s website states. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
5. Rothschild’s Restaurant will host an art exhibit and sale from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, featuring artist Niles Nordquist with several of his most recent pieces on display. Refreshments will be served along with a chance to talk tot he artist. Organizers ask that you R.S.V.P. if you plan to attend; call (949) 673-3750 for more information. Rothschild’s is located at 2407 East Coast Highway.